10 November 2021 (10am-11am and 2pm-3pm)
How Maths Can Save The Planet - Non-UK Schools
Live on YouTube, recording available for 28 days
Please select the NON-UK SCHOOLS option when booking - if you'd like to book for a School in the UK, please visit the
UK Schools event page.
Flat fee of £75for a school to have access to either or both shows. 33% of the proceeds will go to supporting other Maths Week England events.
Join Matt Parker and a group of leading experts for a live interactive hour online, as we show how careers that deal with climate change make use of a variety of maths skills.
* What’s happening now? Chris Budd (University of Bath)
* Predicting the future Sammie Buzzard (Cardiff University)
* How likely are extreme events? Victoria Stephenson (University of Bath)
* Designing for low carbon Mel Allwood (Arup Engineers)
* What will make the biggest difference? Hugh Hunt (Trinity College Cambridge)
Followed by a live Q&A
Waiting for map to load...
Here are some curriculum topics we'll be touching on:
Graphs and optimising